Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Giorgianni[_4_] Anthony Giorgianni[_4_] is offline

Default Bullet style customizing

Hello All

I'm putting a vertical list of itmes into a column on a word table. I'd like
Word to add a bullet to the left of each item with the bullet far let and
only one space (or even no) between the bullet and the item.

I open the bullet customize box and set everything for 0" (IE In "Text
position": "Tab space after 0" and "Indent at 0". And in "Bullet position"
"Indent at 0"") Yet, when I hit okay, Word inserts about a half inch of
spcae between the bullet and each item. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony Giorgianni
for everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You can't have all the spacing values set to 0 - It would cause the content
to start at the same point & overprint itself. Consequently Word is
reverting to the default settings.

Once you have the list typed, select it & use the markers on the left end of
the Ruler to adjust the positioning as you wish. See here for mo

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingRulers.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/9/08 1:43 PM, in article , "Anthony
Giorgianni" wrote:

Hello All

I'm putting a vertical list of itmes into a column on a word table. I'd like
Word to add a bullet to the left of each item with the bullet far let and
only one space (or even no) between the bullet and the item.

I open the bullet customize box and set everything for 0" (IE In "Text
position": "Tab space after 0" and "Indent at 0". And in "Bullet position"
"Indent at 0"") Yet, when I hit okay, Word inserts about a half inch of
spcae between the bullet and each item. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony Giorgianni
for everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Giorgianni[_4_] Anthony Giorgianni[_4_] is offline

Thanks Bob

That WAS stupid of me wasn't it :O)

I actually reopened in swriter and fixed it there. It was a little more
intutitve, and I was able to keep that formatting after saving in Word
format. But then I went back and tried your method in Word itself, and it
worked fine!!!!

Thanks again.

Anthony Giorgianni
.. .

Giorgianni" wrote:

Hello All

I'm putting a vertical list of itmes into a column on a word table. I'd
like
Word to add a bullet to the left of each item with the bullet far let and
only one space (or even no) between the bullet and the item.

I open the bullet customize box and set everything for 0" (IE In "Text
position": "Tab space after 0" and "Indent at 0". And in "Bullet
position"
"Indent at 0"") Yet, when I hit okay, Word inserts about a half inch of
spcae between the bullet and each item. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony Giorgianni
for everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Bullet style changes automatically Josh W Page Layout 3 April 23rd 08 10:23 AM
using bullet changes style from Normal to TOC 1 Random Microsoft Word Help 3 August 2nd 07 04:52 AM
Bullet style Kevin Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 07 05:51 PM
customizing bullet and numbring Sanaz Fatery Microsoft Word Help 1 October 27th 05 10:33 AM
Bullet style problem Rob Formatting Long Documents 8 March 1st 05 11:56 AM