Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAD BAD is offline

Default How do I stop the "This Memo is in regards to" window from popping

When I open a particular file I get two windows which pop up...

The first reads:

"This Memo is in regards to"

this window has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons; OK and
Cancel.

A second window reads:
"Registration Number"

this window also has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons; OK
and Cancel.

At first I thought this was just a file using the Memo template, but when I
looked at it's properties, it reads that it is made using the Normal template.

No other file I have promts me with these two windows.

Can I stop these windows from popping up?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Either:

1. The document itself has a macro running when you open it. Switch to VBA
and have a look. Delete any code modules attached to the document.

or (unlikely, but technically possible)

2. You have some code in normal.dot or in an add-in that runs when any
document opens, checks if it's your particular file, and does things if it
is. Investigate only if option 1 fails.

"BAD" wrote in message
When I open a particular file I get two windows which pop up...

The first reads:

"This Memo is in regards to"

this window has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons; OK
and
Cancel.

A second window reads:
"Registration Number"

this window also has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons;
OK
and Cancel.

At first I thought this was just a file using the Memo template, but when
looked at it's properties, it reads that it is made using the Normal
template.

No other file I have promts me with these two windows.

Can I stop these windows from popping up?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QkFE?=,

While looking at the document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the field codes. Do
you see anything that starts with { FILLIN or { ASK ?

Most likely, the template contains FILLIN fields. When a new document is
generated from a template the FILLIN fields are automatically updated
(displayed). They're there to help fillin "required" information quickly,
without needing to navigate to the the "target" spots in the document.

When I open a particular file I get two windows which pop up...

The first reads:

"This Memo is in regards to"

this window has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons; OK and
Cancel.

A second window reads:
"Registration Number"

this window also has an open field to enter info, and it has two buttons; OK
and Cancel.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org