Scott

Default Harvard Referencing system... macro?

Doe anybody know where I can get a macro or something that will
automatically format my references to the Harvard system.

Surely there must be one out there somewhere?

Scott

garfield-n-odie

Probably not a macro, but there are specialized bibliographic
management programs that can do what you suggest. Check out
EndNote, ProCite, and Reference Manager.

Scott wrote:

Doe anybody know where I can get a macro or something that will
automatically format my references to the Harvard system.

Surely there must be one out there somewhere?

Scott

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:58:52 GMT, "Scott"
wrote:

Doe anybody know where I can get a macro or something that will
automatically format my references to the Harvard system.

Surely there must be one out there somewhere?

Scott

Hi Scott,

I always cringe when someone writes "surely there must be" -- it
usually accompanies a request for something that doesn't exist. You
aren't likely to find a macro to fix up randomly formatted references
automatically, because a macro needs to be assured that its input is
in a uniform format -- otherwise, garbage in = garbage out. If the
input has to be uniform, you might as well enter it uniformly in the
Harvard Reference format to begin with, and then there's no need for a
macro.

There are several commercial bibliographic reference manager programs,
including EndNote and eXtyles. These programs let you store your
source material in a database, and then extract the references in any
of several formats (Harvard, APA, etc.). Unless you're going to be
producing lots of papers, though, these programs are fairly expensive.

In any case, try searching Google for the terms

"harvard reference" "microsoft word"

and see what comes back.

--
Regards,