Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wormy

Default how do I type a name sideways on left side of paper

A long time ago I was able to type my name sideways on the left side of the
paper for a resume. I got alot of compliments on it, and now that I'm looking
for another job, I would like to be able to do it again. I would really
appreciate any help I could get.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

wormy wrote:
A long time ago I was able to type my name sideways on the left side
of the paper for a resume. I got alot of compliments on it, and now
that I'm looking for another job, I would like to be able to do it
again. I would really appreciate any help I could get.

Click Insert Text Box and draw a long box in the left margin. On the Text
Box toolbar, click the Text Direction button once or twice, depending on
whether you want the text to run top to bottom or bottom to top. Use Format
Text Box to turn off the box border or make other changes.

This would also be possible with a one-cell table instead of a text box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You could insert a text box in the margin of your page and type your name.
Then highlight your name and click on Format and Text Direction. I hope this
has been helpful to you.

"wormy" wrote:

A long time ago I was able to type my name sideways on the left side of the
paper for a resume. I got alot of compliments on it, and now that I'm looking
for another job, I would like to be able to do it again. I would really
appreciate any help I could get.

Creating a letterhead template with top and left side predesigned J Brown Page Layout 1 September 11th 05 08:21 PM
Cascading paragraphs HT New Users 24 September 8th 05 05:45 PM
Can I print with office with right left "book" type margins Gilles Page Layout 2 August 21st 05 04:11 PM
Printing Document Causes Characters to overlap on left hand side Edward Jones (Eddie) Microsoft Word Help 0 July 27th 05 07:16 PM
print half-size Ms-Word booklet on 8.5"x11" paper Lynn Allan Page Layout 2 March 11th 05 05:55 AM