Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
skewey skewey is offline

Default table of contents ["toc"] - repeat entry

I have updated toc - entire table, however one of my headings appears twice
in the toc.

Deleting the entry from the table and also the heading itself in the main
body of text do not remove the extra entry.

Any ideas?

Thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The usual reason for this is that you have a manual page break that is
formatted in a heading style. The easiest way to fix this is to replace the
manual break with "Page break before" formatting (Paragraph dialog box, Line
and Page Breaks tab).

To display the Paragraph dialog box: Click Format | Paragraph (Word
97-2003). In Word 2007, right-click the heading, click Paragraph from the
context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP