Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Oldsfan Oldsfan is offline

Default Another line suppression issue in Word 2007

Guys,

You really helped me out with my last blank line suppression question. I
was able to fix all of my label files, as well as some issues I was having in
a mail merge directory. Now, I have one last issue I would like to fix with
the directory. Maybe I can't do it. This directory includes names,
addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and owned vehicles. I have been
able to successfully suppress the blank lines for Address2, Country, Home
Phone and Email. The last line for each listing is a vehicle. Not all
people in the directory have vehicles. I need to suppress this blank line
and have it go to the next listing, like I've shown below:

Smith, James R. (#5767)
1122 S. Muir
Anytown, KS 00000
555-555-1212

1929 F-29 Six 4-door Sedan
Smith, John (#316)
2211 Silver Cedar Rd
Anytown, WI 00000-1111
555-555-1212

Smith, Richard C. (#5650)
1010 S Chestnut
Anytown, KS 00000
555-555-1212

Smith, Ron G. (#623)
N1234 Hwy J
Anytown, WI 00000

Do you understand what I'm trying to do? I need to not have a gap between
entries, like the first two, not like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th entries. I've got
about 1300 entries, so I can't go in and edit out each line indiviually. To
compound the problem, this last line has three data fields:

Year Model Body Style

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It helps people know what you are talking about if you keep to the same
thread, however, what you ask is straightforward

{Mergefield Email}{IF {Mergefield Model} "" "[enter]
{Mergefield Year} {Mergefield Model} {Mergefield "Body Style"}"}[enter]

If you have extra space between the entries check that you only have one
paragraph mark at the end of each line, or that there is no spacing added
before/after the paragraph.

Oldsfan wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Oldsfan Oldsfan is offline

Thanks, Graham. I started another thread because I thought this was a
different kind of issue, but now that I look at is, I guess it's not, really.
I'll try your solution when I get home. I think I see where I went wrong.

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated. This has saved me
from so much manual editing, and I'm just a little bit too dumb to figure
this stuff out on my own.

Paul