Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCS JCS is offline

Default unable to change default font

When i change the default font in Word 2007 it keeps reverting back to the
orginal font. I have acrobat 8 as well!! I see from previous replies to
other people it seems to be something to do with this but no-one has it for
2007.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Open normal.dotm, make your changes and save it again. You will probably
need to add a character to the text space and delete it for Word to see the
change and allow a save.

Ab inability of Word to save its normal template is usually a problem
related to add-ins, however it is Acrobat 7 that is the usual problem, not
Acrobat 8 (however ensure that you have applied all the updates to Acrobat
8). Acrobat is not the only add-in that may cause problems. What else do you
have loading?

JCS wrote:
When i change the default font in Word 2007 it keeps reverting back
to the orginal font. I have acrobat 8 as well!! I see from previous
replies to other people it seems to be something to do with this but
no-one has it for 2007.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCS JCS is offline

Hi Graham

Many thanks, that seems to have done it.

JCS wrote:
When i change the default font in Word 2007 it keeps reverting back
to the orginal font. I have acrobat 8 as well!! I see from previous
replies to other people it seems to be something to do with this but
no-one has it for 2007.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted Rumme Ted Rumme is offline

I have come back again and again to try to customize my Normal.dotm for Word
2007. I think I have tried everything. Several times. Including deleting ALL
Normal.* wherever on my machine, and starting anew. When I change from that
ugly Calibri font and increase the font to12 points and save the template
with the new font, I FAIL every time! It's Calibri , 11 pts in the next new
document. I am led to query, why can't MS publish a simple way to customize?
Is it cosmology there, or what? Che frustrato!

Anyone have a solution, by the numbers? Gracie.

JCS wrote:
When i change the default font in Word 2007 it keeps reverting back
to the orginal font. I have acrobat 8 as well!! I see from previous
replies to other people it seems to be something to do with this but
no-one has it for 2007.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The style at the cursor is highlighted in the Styles group of the Home tab
Right click the highlighted style (probably Normal) and select Modify
Change the font to whatever you require and check the button at the bottom
of the dialog for 'New Documents based on this template'.
Ensure that in Word Options Advanced Save you have checked the 'prompt
before saving the normal template' check box.
When you close Word you will be prompted to save the changes. Do so.