Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anita Dupage Anita Dupage is offline

Default How to clear the 'Recently Used Fonts' list in Word 2007?

Is there a way to clear the recently used font list in Word 2007? I have
searched Google and the help in Word 2007 but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

Anita Dupage wrote:
Is there a way to clear the recently used font list in Word 2007? I
have searched Google and the help in Word 2007 but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anita Dupage Anita Dupage is offline

Graham, thanks for your quick response.

However, I am talking about recently used font list and not recently used
file list.

Thanks again,

Anita

Anita Dupage wrote:
Is there a way to clear the recently used font list in Word 2007? I
have searched Google and the help in Word 2007 but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Ah! Misread the question . In that case You can turn off the recent font
list by editing the registry. Copy and paste the following to a notepad
document ).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Options]
"NoFontMRUList"="1"

Save it as FontListOff.reg
Merge it into the registry with Word closed. (right click the filename in
Windows Explorer and select Merge)

To turn it back on again

Change "NoFontMRUList"="1"
"NoFontMRUList"="0"

to start the list again (empty).

Restart Word for the change to take effect.

Anita Dupage wrote:
Is there a way to clear the recently used font list in Word 2007? I
have searched Google and the help in Word 2007 but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anita Dupage Anita Dupage is offline

Graham, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Worked like a charm. I am saving this post for future reference. Funny after
wasting more than an hour on Google/Microsoft, could not find one single
help on it. You guys are awesome!

Have a great Thanksgiving!