DAVE

Default First letter in next line changes automatically to a capital lette

Using Word 2003 as my e-mail editor, why does the first letter of the second
line automatically change to a capital letter?
How can I prevent this?

Because you're pressing Enter at the end of the previous line. When you
press Enter, you are creating a new paragraph, and Word assumes that the
beginning of a paragraph is the beginning of a sentence. If this is not the
case, clear the check box for "Capitalize first letter of sentences" in
Tools | AutoCorrect Options.

If you do not want to begin a new paragraph, however, don't press Enter; let
the line wrap naturally. Or, if you want to begin a new line in the same
paragraph, insert a line break (Shift+Enter).

news