Anthony W

Default Drawing lines within a table creates unwanted page breaks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a simple, three-column table in Word with text (both English and
Chinese) in the first two columns. Trying to separate paragraphs by adding
lines using the drawing tool. When I do this, Word automatically creates a
page break, regardless of whether the line crosses one, two, or three columns.

Think I tried every combo of checking and unchecking options under Format /
Paragraph / Line and Page Breaks, and the same idea under Table / Table
Properties, Allow row to cross across pages.

Why, oh why does the page break from adding a line, and can anyone help me
stop Word from doing this? I've got my ruler and pencil out, and I'm not
affraid to use them!

Thanks very much for any assistance.

Anthony
Stefan Blom

I think this is caused by the placement options of the line, but I can't
explain how. If you double-click the line and then click the Layout tab, what
do you see there?

Note that you can "draw a line" around a paragraph by using FormatBorders
and Shading, which is probably an easier method.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP