matt ross via OfficeKB.com

Default How can I apply a template to multiple documents?

Hi...I have a file library that consists of 100's of Word, Excel & Power point documents.
I was hoping to find a method to apply a template (including headers/footers, page layout, color scheme etc) to multiple documents as quickly as possible. I am currently cutting and pasting or selecting Tools Templates & Add ins - where i need to put a check mark next to a template i created. Only the font seems to be applied when I do this.

Any thoughts? Third party programs?

thanks

Charles Kenyon

I'm surprised the font is applied. It shouldn't be. You are loading these
templates as Add-Ins, which makes their macros and other interface
customizations available. For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs
on the file new dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

Probably the simplest method is to create new documents, based on the new
templates, and copy the contents from the old documents into the new ones.
Then close the old documents and save the new ones over the top of the old
ones using the same name (once you are sure that the new ones are what you
want).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.