Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nospam[_2_] Nospam[_2_] is offline

Default Paragraph markers how to turn on permanently

Word 2002 version 10 sp3 (office XP) running in win XP

How can I get the paragraph markers to show all the time?

I want the visible when I open word.

I have opened normal.dot in the following directory and turned paragraph
markers on in

TOOLS | OPTIONS | VIEW

C:\Documents and Settings\nospam\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

and saved the .dot file

but when I open up again they are not turned on.

Is there a way?

Do I need to use some sort of automatic macro or something?

Thanks

--
Nospam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The display of paragraph marks (or any nonprinting marks for that matter)
should be preserved between Word sessions. Since it is not, you may want to
try deleting the Data key in the registry (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...MenusEtc.htm); then see if you
can get the option to stick.

On the other hand, there are also other factors that could affect this and
other settings. For example, some (poorly designed) add-ins might affect
settings found in the Options dialog box. Another cause of trouble could be
a login script that restores settings on startup (assuming that you are on a
network).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP