Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anglin' Al Anglin' Al is offline

Default how do I set AOL email client as default for Word?

When "send to mail recipient as attachment" button is pressed, Outlook now
automatically pops up. Have recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP
2002. Have tried: setting AOL as default email client thru Ctrl Panel,
setting lower security level, uninstalling Outlook (once Outlook was
uninstalled, "send...as attachment" button on Word toolbar is dimmed). Did
not have this problem in Word 2000. Creating a Word doc, saving it, creating
new mail in AOL then attaching .doc works, but I'd like the convenience of
the toolbar button back. Please help, thx.

WinXPsp2
AOL 9.0
Office XP 2002
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

To change this setting, open Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet
Options, Programs, choose your preferred program from the 'E-mail' pull-down
menu, and click OK.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anglin'' Al Anglin'' Al is offline

That was the first thing I tried.

"Illya Teideman" wrote:

To change this setting, open Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet
Options, Programs, choose your preferred program from the 'E-mail' pull-down
menu, and click OK.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

Within AOL click on the A-Z tab under settings on the AOL toolbar then click
AOL as Default. Click OK.