Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Doug is offline

Default Merged Field Format Issue

Word 2007. Source Excel 2007, although both files are several years old.
The source is formatted as text, no switches in place. If the source field
is blank, result is blank; correct. If the source field has data, it
displays as 12:00:00 AM. I have fields with identical information that
display correctly and am unable to discern any difference other than field
names. I experienced something similar 5 or 6 years ago, but cannot remember
the fix, or if applicable to Office 2007 products.
--
Doug P
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm for a (long!) explanation.

You /may/ be able to use the DDE method mentioned there to fix this, but
it seems no to work so well with Office 2007.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk