Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwb jwb is offline

Default combining documents

I have 110 documents that I would like to combine into ONE file so I can
print them as a book.

The pages are all formatted exactly the same margins etc.

I've tried 'insert' 'file' and selecting them all at once from the directory
they reside, into a new file with the same 'page set up' but the result is
not pretty. It does NOT put a page break between the imported pages.

There must be another way...? right?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Hello. Did you get an answer to this question? I just spent about an hour
looking for similar information.

I am actually looking for a way to combine documents from multiple
applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) into one document that I can
print.

For example, if I have 10 pages in Word, then, 5 pages of Excel charts, I
want to be able to print them all together using one large file, so, I can
print the same each time.

In a previous version of Word (XP), there used to be a program in the
accessories that used to accomplish this task, but, I have not seen it since
that version.

Any help you received that you can share would be greatly appreciated.

"jwb" wrote:

I have 110 documents that I would like to combine into ONE file so I can
print them as a book.

The pages are all formatted exactly the same margins etc.

I've tried 'insert' 'file' and selecting them all at once from the directory
they reside, into a new file with the same 'page set up' but the result is
not pretty. It does NOT put a page break between the imported pages.

There must be another way...? right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwb jwb is offline

Sean, I have not yet heard anything. Short of bringing them in individually
and manually creating page breaks, for 110 documents, I don't have any other
ideas yet. Keep an eye on this thread.

JWB

"jwb" wrote:

I have 110 documents that I would like to combine into ONE file so I can
print them as a book.

The pages are all formatted exactly the same margins etc.

I've tried 'insert' 'file' and selecting them all at once from the directory
they reside, into a new file with the same 'page set up' but the result is
not pretty. It does NOT put a page break between the imported pages.

There must be another way...? right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Thanks!

Under another posting, somebody recommended that I try Adobe Acrabat
(standard).

I downloaded the 30 day trial (you can purchase for 199). It has the
"binder" function, as well as many other functions that I find useful--like
editing PDF documents, changing the order, and, creating multiple files into
one large PDF file for printing/publishing.

If you need a short term solution, I would say you should download and try
it. After trying the program, I have decided that there are many great items
within the program, and, I am going to purchase it when my trial is over.
There are many items within the program that help with my "I wish I could do
that..." items.

Also, as the other post indicicates, if you have Office XP, you can use the
binder feather within XP. I only have 03 and 07 disks. It was removed in the
03 version of Office, and, I do not see any information on the office website.

Thanks again for your response!

"jwb" wrote:

I have 110 documents that I would like to combine into ONE file so I can
print them as a book.

The pages are all formatted exactly the same margins etc.

I've tried 'insert' 'file' and selecting them all at once from the directory
they reside, into a new file with the same 'page set up' but the result is
not pretty. It does NOT put a page break between the imported pages.

There must be another way...? right?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] studioprime@gmail.com is offline

"jwb" wrote:

I have 110documentsthat I would like tocombineinto ONE file so I can
print them as a book.

The pages are all formatted exactly the same margins etc.

I've tried 'insert' 'file' and selecting them all at once from the directory
they reside, into a new file with the same 'page set up' but the result is
not pretty. It does NOT put a page break between the imported pages.

There must be another way...? right?

Try this http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/473

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwb jwb is offline

I downloaded the 'Word' add on; "Boiler" and had no problems installing it.

When I use it however it only allows me to choose one file at a time.... I
have 140 one page documents I want to combine into ONE document. How do I
select all the files at ONCE to be included?

Call me LAZY....

JWB