Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mickey Mickey is offline

Default Help! Nested If

Hi,

I am doing a mail merge using Word 2003. In my tables, I need to evaluate
the content of a field and then insert a particular character based on its
content.

For example:
If B3 30 then enter character 74
If B3 60 then enter character 75
If B3 90 then enter character 76
Otherwise enter ---

I've tried various ways, but can't seem to get it. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Mickey" wrote:

Hi,

I am doing a mail merge using Word 2003. In my tables, I need to evaluate
the content of a field and then insert a particular character based on its
content.

For example:
If B3 30 then enter character 74
If B3 60 then enter character 75
If B3 90 then enter character 76
Otherwise enter ---

I've tried various ways, but can't seem to get it. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated!

Nested IF fields work according to the following basic principle:

{IF Condition 1 "Result if 1 is true" "{IF Condition2 "Result if
condition 2 is true" "Result if neither 1 or 2 is true"}"}

Of course, there are a great many variations, but this is the basic
principle, which works in most cases, including yours. So, what you need is
something like:

{IF {MERGEFIELD So_and_So} 30 "74" "{IF {MERGEFIELD So_and_So} 60
"75" "{IF {MERGEFIELD So_and_So} 90 "76" "---"}"}"}

Nested numbers ChuckNC Page Layout 2 April 20th 07 07:42 PM
Help! Nested IF Steve Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 05 12:54 AM
nested if then else Vaughn Microsoft Word Help 12 March 19th 05 07:40 AM
Help with nested tables Anasazi Tables 2 March 18th 05 04:42 AM
Nested If vobonyo Mailmerge 2 March 11th 05 06:11 PM