Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brassman80 brassman80 is offline

Default Print screen.

I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first time, to
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenshot

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is possible that you need to press an unusual key combination (Fn and
something, perhaps) to invoke it on a laptop. Is the key labeled in colour?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first
time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and
paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and
wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your music notation program should have a "Save As" option of .pdf;
you then have a graphics file you can use anywhere (and it isn't
ephemeral). Or other format such as .jpg.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first
time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and
paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and
wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What were you expecting PrintScreen to do? Only in DOS does it actually
print your screen to the printer. In Windows it copies a picture of the
screen to the Clipboard, whence you can paste it into any application.

http://word.mvps.org

"brassman80" wrote in message
I bought a HP dv9623 in May last year. Today I tried, for the first
time,
use print screen and it does not work. Do I need to activate something?

I tried to take a pic of a music score in a music notation program and
paste it in word. I had to do it on my pc which uses XP instead and
wondered why I couldn't do it on my laptop which uses vista.

The key is the same as the home key. I tried to carry out an operation which I normally do on my PC and couldn't so I had to revert to doing it on my PC. This brought me to wonder what was wrong as I feel that it should be the same on my laptop. Every other function is.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The key is the same as the home key. I tried to carry out an operation
which I normally do on my PC and couldn't so I had to revert to doing it
on my PC. This brought me to wonder what was wrong as I feel that it
should be the same on my laptop. Every other function is.

Sorry, but I'm not really understanding you here. However, if "Print Screen"
is on the Home Key, then I suspect you need to press the Fn key either
before, or at the same time as, the Home/PrtSc key.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com