Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
john schreij john schreij is offline

Default How do I number footnotes per chapter of my thesis?

I have written seven chapters in seven seperate files. By joining these
chapters in one document, suddenly the footnotes are numbered continuously
from page one to the end of the last chapter. However, the thesis has to be
submitted with every chapter having footnotes starting from number one.
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert | Reference | Footnote: Numbering: Restart each section; Apply
changes to: Whole document

http://word.mvps.org