Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Default Inserted pictures gone

Hi

I used the 'insert as link' to insert about 1000 pics of my record labels (I
read on here that it will keep the file size down, which it does). The images
are from different folders on the local C (storage and main), I made sure the
folder names were the same and at the office with Word 2000 they all appear
but at home with Word 2003 the ones in the storage folder don't show up.

I think I was doing some other work and I may have renamed the storage
folder at the office. Is there a way of modifying the path to the picture
link.

Thanks

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then try a replace to change the path in
all links. Then press Alt-F9 again and then Ctrl-A and F9 to update the
links and see whether it works. (If it doesn't, close the document without
saving changes.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ian Richardson ACITP" wrote
in message ...
Hi

I used the 'insert as link' to insert about 1000 pics of my record labels
(I
read on here that it will keep the file size down, which it does). The
images
are from different folders on the local C (storage and main), I made sure
the
folder names were the same and at the office with Word 2000 they all
appear
but at home with Word 2003 the ones in the storage folder don't show up.

I think I was doing some other work and I may have renamed the storage
folder at the office. Is there a way of modifying the path to the picture
link.

Thanks

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Hi Charles

Thanks for the reply. It worked and now I can print it.

Ian