BurZurk

Default Insert pictures in a protected form?

In Word 2003,
I want to create forms that will be document controlled but need to have the
ability to enter pictures on them as part of the fill-out of the form? How
can you do this? There is no such thing as a "picture form field"? The form
will be "protected" as a form, and we cannot allow it to be unprotected to
enter a picture.

Is there a basic work around for this? or some form of special formatting
to allow it? Any suggestions are helpful.
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:13:03 -0800, "BurZurk"
wrote:

In Word 2003,
I want to create forms that will be document controlled but need to have the
ability to enter pictures on them as part of the fill-out of the form? How
can you do this? There is no such thing as a "picture form field"? The form
will be "protected" as a form, and we cannot allow it to be unprotected to
enter a picture.

Is there a basic work around for this? or some form of special formatting
to allow it? Any suggestions are helpful.

Insert continuous section breaks before and after the area in which
you want the pictures to be entered. In the Protect Document task
pane, after selecting "Filling in forms" under Editing restrictions,
click the "Select sections..." link. In the dialog, uncheck the
section that contains the picture insertion area. Then start enforcing
protection. The Insert Picture From File menu item will be
available in the unprotected section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
BurZurk

Thank you Jay. That helps quite a bit. Now one more level, waht about in a
table or a portion of a column? like if you have 2 columns of info and the
left side column is info, and the right side column needs to be a picture??
Tables, or sections work with this?

Again thanks, Tyler

wrote:

[...]

Jay Freedman

Hi Tyler,

You can't insert section breaks inside a table. Either the whole table
is protected or the whole table is unprotected, but not half-and-half.

If you have a two-column area of a document and you insert continuous
section breaks before and after a part of one column, you'll get three
sections that are "stacked". The top part of the page (both columns)
forms section 1, the middle part of the page (both columns, if you
format this section also as two columns) forms section 2, and the
bottom part forms section 3.

All of section 2, both columns of it, will be unprotected in this
setup -- you can't protect just part of a section.

This *may* suit your needs, but probably not.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman