Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DHB7 DHB7 is offline

Default Can you auto update figure references in Word?

I have a document with many graphics (all captioned), the document layout is
not yet fixed and every time I move the graphics the references go out of
sync. (i.e. what was Fig 1 is now Fig 65, but the reference in the text still
says Fig 1). Is there a way of updating the references in one foul swoop?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Ctrl+A - to select the whole document.
F9 - to refresh all fields, cross-references, etc.
If you have a Table of Contents, List of Tables/Figures you will be asked if
you want to refresh page numbers only or the whole table, I suggest you
refresh the whole table(s).
Hope this helps
DeanH