Ronnoco

Default Flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes - Another way?

I have a 15 page document that I need to put in a column on the left with
continuing columns on each additional page. I have an updated document that
I need to put on the right side column. I'm figuring I'll need about 30
pages to copy and paste the old documents into the columns. I tried to use
the "flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes" directions, however, it
is difficult to get the text boxes the same width on each page and I wasn't
successful in trying to copy the text boxes.

Can someone give me a simpler way to do this?

Thank you.

Ronnoco

Suzanne, this was great. I completed in about 5 minutes what I thought was
going to take over a very frustrating hour. I wonder why this isn't
suggested in the Word help area? My project for my church turned out great.

Thank you for your help.
--
Ronnoco

"Ronnoco" wrote in message
I have a 15 page document that I need to put in a column on the left with
continuing columns on each additional page. I have an updated document

that
I need to put on the right side column. I'm figuring I'll need about 30
pages to copy and paste the old documents into the columns. I tried to

use
the "flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes" directions, however,

it
is difficult to get the text boxes the same width on each page and I

wasn't
successful in trying to copy the text boxes.

Can someone give me a simpler way to do this?

Thank you.

It may not be suggested at least in part because Word's designers didn't
anticipate this type of application. But I would imagine that the Help
writers would have been chary of encouraging users to create long, possibly
single-row tables, which at worst can become corrupted and at best make the
document sluggish to work with.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll find this intensely frustrating with text boxes. Instead, use a
two-column borderless table. Break the table into rows from time to time

avoid the problems of long, single-row tables.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.