Evgeny

Default automatic update graphic object in Word 2003

I use XP service pack 2 with Office 2003

In Word 2003 I try to insert picture object (e.g. JPG) and link it to source
file to enable automatic update when source is changed.

Unfortunatly, Word 2003:
1. does not recognize object as link - after right click "Update link"
option doesn't appear as well as link edit option
2. does not allow to select automatic update for graphic object - the option
appear in grey and not selectable.

Evgeny

Thanks for answer, but unfortunately it does not fully help.
"Link to file" works with F9, but if I use "Insert and Link", uodate with F9
doesn't work - picture is not updated after it is changed on disk.
Using just "Link" dont help - I need option to open document on another
computer where picture file doesn't exist

Thanks

"Evgeny" wrote in message
I use XP service pack 2 with Office 2003

In Word 2003 I try to insert picture object (e.g. JPG) and link it to

source
file to enable automatic update when source is changed.

Unfortunatly, Word 2003:
1. does not recognize object as link - after right click "Update link"
option doesn't appear as well as link edit option
2. does not allow to select automatic update for graphic object - the

option
appear in grey and not selectable.

I haven't used Insert and Link, but it should work the same way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you use Insert | Picture | Link to File, then it's Update Field (F9)

you
want rather than Update Link.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Graphic Conversion in Word 2003 Ian Finch Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 05 03:30 AM