Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clore

Default embedded pdf icon not appearing

I am using Adobe Professional 6.0 and MS Office 2000. When inserting pdf as
an icon I just see the file name and not the icon. I am able to insert MS
Office applications as icons correctly. What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Does the icon display in the insert object dialog when you check the insert
icon box? You can select the icon to be used from that dialog. If no icon is
shown it is possible that the file association for PDF has gone awry. You
need to re-associate the icon with PDF either by reinstalling Acrobat or
through Windows Explorer's tools folder options file types.

.

clore wrote:
I am using Adobe Professional 6.0 and MS Office 2000. When inserting
pdf as an icon I just see the file name and not the icon. I am able
to insert MS Office applications as icons correctly. What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clore

Thank you Graham for your reply. No the icon does not display in the insert
object dialog box and I am able to select the appropriate pdf icon (my
neighbor also has this problem and is not able to display the icon - he only
has Adobe 7.0 reader and I have Adobe 6.0 professional). I did check Windows
Explorer Tools and pdf files are associated within there. It appears that
there is a configuration setting that was missed during installation? Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Connie

clore wrote:
I am using Adobe Professional 6.0 and MS Office 2000. When inserting
pdf as an icon I just see the file name and not the icon. I am able
to insert MS Office applications as icons correctly. What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It is almost certainly a Windows issue. When you checked Explorer - was the
icon properly associated? Try changing it and then changing it back again.
Have you tried re-installing Acrobat?

clore wrote:
I am using Adobe Professional 6.0 and MS Office 2000. When
inserting pdf as an icon I just see the file name and not the icon.
I am able to insert MS Office applications as icons correctly.
What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marc

I'm having the same issue on over 30 newly installed WinXP workstations
running Office 2000 and Adobe Reader 7.0 It does not happen in Office
2003. Trying to insert an object in Word 2000 Doc. Selecting the
adobe 7 object type and checking the display as Icon. Upon selecting
that checkbox right away "Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document" text appears
below the check box and the option to change the Icon, however, the
Icon does not appear. Upon trying to change the icon to something
other then Adobe the Icon will appear. Go back and select the Adobe
Icon and the Icon will disappear and you will only see the text in the
Embedded object. ??????????????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I have run out of ideas - except one
What screen resolution are you displaying? I would imagine low screen
resolutions would cause a high resolution bitmap not to display - though I
can't check that here.