Shadow

Default Mail Merge Word 2002 HELP!!!

I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using the wizard and
everything seems to be going great. Then when it says it is going to merge
the page labels are blank even though it says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can help!!!

Thanks

Anne Troy

Go to View--Toolbars and choose the Mail Merge toolbar. Make sure you click
the "Merge to new document" button. Any help?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using the wizard

and
everything seems to be going great. Then when it says it is going to merge
the page labels are blank even though it says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can help!!!

Thanks

Anne Troy

Want to send your files? Are you sure your text isn't hidden or something?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using the

wizard
and
everything seems to be going great. Then when it says it is going to

merge
the page labels are blank even though it says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can

help!!!

Thanks

Doug Robbins

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using the

wizard
and
everything seems to be going great. Then when it says it is going

merge
the page labels are blank even though it says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can

help!!!

Thanks

Shadow

{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using the
wizard and everything seems to be going great. Then when it says
it is going to merge the page labels are blank even though it
says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can
help!!!

Thanks

Doug Robbins

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using
the
wizard and everything seems to be going great. Then when it says
it is going to merge the page labels are blank even though it
says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can
help!!!

Thanks

Shadow

Yes. Someone has offered me the 2003 verison of Word and Excel. Should I just
ry losding that? Could it be my program?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using
the
wizard and everything seems to be going great. Then when it says
it is going to merge the page labels are blank even though it
says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone can
help!!!

Thanks

Doug Robbins

It's extemely unlikely that it is a problem with the software. Almost
certainly it's a problem with the datasource or the main document. Have you
tried inserting the merge fields directly rather that using the address
block?

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using
the
wizard and everything seems to be going great. Then when it
says
it is going to merge the page labels are blank even though it
says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone
can
help!!!

Thanks

Shadow

I just tried to get do labels from my address book instead of from my Excel
file and it worked fine. Is it the Excel file? I am taking a file from a zip
program and downloanding it to Excel and saving it as an Excel file then
trying to do the mail merge.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Shadow" wrote in message
I am tryign to mail merge in Word 2002 from Excel. I am using
the
wizard and everything seems to be going great. Then when it
says
it is going to merge the page labels are blank even though it
says that it has merged.

What am I doing wrong???? I really need this soon if anyone
can
help!!!

Thanks

Doug Robbins

What are the field names in the Excel file?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

In the mailmerge main document, what do you see if you use Alt+F9
toggle
on the display of field codes?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Shadow

Well I finalyy got that to work but now it is only putting the name, city,
state & zip, no street address. My headings in Excel are last, first, street
1, city, state & zip.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

What are the field names in the Excel file?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Doug Robbins

If you are still using the AddressBlock, do not use it. Just insert those
field names in the configuration that you desire them to appear:

first last
street1
city state zip

If there is a space between street and 1 in your Excel spreadsheet (as it
appears that there maybe because the email program has inserted a linebreak
between the two, that is why Street is not appearing. You cannot have a
space in a field name.

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

What are the field names in the Excel file?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in
your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert
the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that
you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message
{NEXT}{ADRESSBLOCK/f
"_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_"11033\c 0 \e ""}

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Shadow

Thank you so much!!!! it is finally working. I guess I was just a mail merge
idiot!! Thank you for your time it was VERY helpful.

Sarah

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

What are the field names in the Excel file?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
news I just tried to get do labels from my address book instead of from my

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Do the following field names correspond exactly to the fields in
your
datasource?

_FIRST0__LAST0_
_SUFFIX0_
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CUTY_,_STATE__POSTAL_

I would suggest that instead of using the AddressBlock, you insert
the
actual mergefields that you want to use in the configuration that
you
want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Shadow" wrote in message