Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CLY

Default one bullet is highlighted

I don't know what caused it, one of the bullets on a bulleted list was
highlighted in yellow. I reviewed the non print characters and the formatting
codes but got no clue for it. I also made all possible attempts to get rid
of the highlighting but was not successful. Can anyone tell me what I did
wrong? Thanks a lot.
--
cly
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: one bullet is highlighted

Hi Cly,

It sounds like you have a bullet point in your bulleted list that is highlighted in yellow and you're not sure how it got there. Don't worry, there are a few things you can try to get rid of it.
  1. First, try selecting the entire bulleted list by clicking and dragging your mouse over all the bullet points. Then, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen and click on the arrow next to the "Highlight" button. Make sure that "No Color" is selected. This should remove any highlighting from the entire list.
  2. If that doesn't work, try selecting just the highlighted bullet point and going to the "Home" tab again. Click on the "Highlight" button and select "No Color" to remove the highlighting from just that bullet point.
  3. If neither of those options work, it's possible that there is some hidden formatting that is causing the highlighting. To check for this, go to the "Home" tab and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Styles" section. This will open the "Styles" pane. Look for any styles that have a yellow background and click on them to see if they are applied to your bulleted list. If you find one, click on it and then click on the "Clear All" button to remove the formatting.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

The bullet takes some of its formatting -- including highlighting -- from
the paragraph mark. Although you can't hightlight the paragraph mark on its
own, you can highlight it along with the final word of the paragraph (at
which point, the bullet will be highlighted also); if you then delete the
highlighted word, the bullet still shows the highlighting.

You can fix it by selecting the entire paragraph and toggling the
highlighting; or display non-print characters, select the paragraph mark,
and unhighlight it.

"CLY" wrote in message
I don't know what caused it, one of the bullets on a bulleted list was
highlighted in yellow. I reviewed the non print characters and the
formatting
codes but got no clue for it. I also made all possible attempts to get
rid
of the highlighting but was not successful. Can anyone tell me what I did
wrong? Thanks a lot.
--
cly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CLY

The last word/paragraph was not highlighted. Actually, highlight was not used
within the whole document, just don't understand why when that paragraph got
bulleted, the bullet itself was highlighted in yellow. Thanks.
--
cly

"CLY" wrote in message
I don't know what caused it, one of the bullets on a bulleted list was
highlighted in yellow. I reviewed the non print characters and the
formatting
codes but got no clue for it. I also made all possible attempts to get
rid
of the highlighting but was not successful. Can anyone tell me what I did
wrong? Thanks a lot.
--
cly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Jezebel was trying to explain, it's not anything visible that's
highlighted but the paragraph mark itself. This results from a peculiarity
(I would call it a bug) in Word such that when you highlight anything at the
end of the paragraph, even though you have nonprinting characters displayed
and carefully select text excluding the paragraph mark, the paragraph mark
gets formatted anyway. You then have to remove the formatting from the
paragraph mark explicitly. Jezebel was suggesting a situation where this had
happened and the highlighting had subsequently been removed from the
highlighted text or (more likely) the highlighted text itself had been
deleted, leaving only the paragraph mark highlighted.