Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynda Norton Lynda Norton is offline

Default How do I get a dot above an uppercase V ?

I'm trying to type the scientific notation for volume over a given period of
time, this requires an uppercase V with a dot above it, can anyone help with
a shortcut for the notation?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I get a dot above an uppercase V ?

Yes, I can definitely help you with that! The dot above an uppercase V is called a "dot accent" or "dot above" and it is used in scientific notation to represent volume. Here's how you can easily add it to your document in Microsoft Word:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the dot above the uppercase V.
  2. Press the "Insert" tab on the top menu.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the menu.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols".
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the uppercase V with a dot above it (it should be around the middle of the list).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The symbol will be inserted into your document at the cursor's location.

Alternatively, you can use a keyboard shortcut to insert the symbol:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the dot above the uppercase V.
  2. Press and hold the "Alt" key.
  3. While holding the "Alt" key, type "7814" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on).
  4. Release the "Alt" key.
  5. The symbol will be inserted into your document at the cursor's location.

I hope this helps you with your scientific notation for volume over a given period of time!
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Insert Symbol, go to the character ranges Latin Extended B, Latin
Extended Additional, and Mathematical Symbols, and hunt around: it may
well be in one of the fonts you have.

On Jul 14, 9:35 pm, Lynda Norton Lynda
wrote:
I'm trying to type the scientific notation for volume over a given period of
time, this requires an uppercase V with a dot above it, can anyone help with
a shortcut for the notation?

change all CO2 to CO(2-uppercase) in a document mhc Microsoft Word Help 2 July 31st 07 05:34 PM
“uppercase”. Bob New Users 1 July 18th 06 04:11 AM
How do I get word to use uppercase on each new sentance mjdyad New Users 2 June 16th 06 07:00 PM
How replace uppercase with lowercase A.N. Microsoft Word Help 10 March 22nd 06 01:19 AM
Find Replace all uppercase Bettergains Microsoft Word Help 5 October 7th 05 05:21 AM