Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Default Lists in a 2007 table

How do I put a Multilevel list in a cell in a table in MS Word 2007 and then
Restart Numbering in the next cell below, i.e., each cell starts with #1.
--
Dave Robinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Dave,
Are you saying you want a multi-level list in every cell?
On the Home ribbon, click Multi level list button, choose sample in library.
Type the list.
In the next cell do the same, then right click the number and choose restart
at number one. Not sure about the wording as I am using the Dutch version
here. But it seems to work just fine.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Dave Robinson" wrote in message
How do I put a Multilevel list in a cell in a table in MS Word 2007 and
then
Restart Numbering in the next cell below, i.e., each cell starts with #1.
--
Dave Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Luc:

I have tried this. I have two problems:
1. To create the second level in a list outside a table, you usually tab.
In a table, normally a Ctrl-Tab does the same thing as a Tab. However in my
list, a Ctrl-Tab just enters a tab, it does not make the line a second level
list. How do I get to successive levles in a multilevel list in a table.
2. When I create a multilivevel list in the next cell below the other one,
it starts with the next number from the previous cell. When I right click on
the list, the dialog box does not give me the option to Restart Numbering.
How do I get to Resart Numbering?
--
Dave Robinson

"Luc" wrote:

Dave,
Are you saying you want a multi-level list in every cell?
On the Home ribbon, click Multi level list button, choose sample in library.
Type the list.
In the next cell do the same, then right click the number and choose restart
at number one. Not sure about the wording as I am using the Dutch version
here. But it seems to work just fine.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Dave Robinson" wrote in message
How do I put a Multilevel list in a cell in a table in MS Word 2007 and
then
Restart Numbering in the next cell below, i.e., each cell starts with #1.
--
Dave Robinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dave Robinson Dave Robinson is offline

Luc:
Althought there is no "Reset to 1" within a table for a list, with a little
experimenting I found that if you right click on the list, then select the
Numbering dropdown, then select "Set Numbering Value" and "Set Value to:" 1,
it does the trick.
I'm not sure what other problems this may cause, but it works in this one
table for each cell.

Creating the next level in a multilevel list can be done the same way using
the "Change List Level" option.
--
Dave Robinson