Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JennieE

Default cannot save photos from corel draw into word 2000 appear as gobbl.

I used to be able to work on a photo in corel draw and save it into word
2000. Suddenly I am finding this impossible. It appears to save and it
shows preview but when I open it in draw it appears as jumbled letters and
symbols and nothing I do will convert it back to a picture. Please help.
This is the only way I can use to download same to use in other programmes
such as ebay,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You cannot save from CorelDRAW into Word. You must save from CorelDRAW into
a graphics format that Word can use, then use Insert | Picture | From File
to insert your drawing in Word. Alternatively, you can copy/paste the
drawing from CorelDRAW into Word.

"JennieE" wrote in message
I used to be able to work on a photo in corel draw and save it into word
2000. Suddenly I am finding this impossible. It appears to save and it
shows preview but when I open it in draw it appears as jumbled letters and
symbols and nothing I do will convert it back to a picture. Please help.
This is the only way I can use to download same to use in other programmes
such as ebay,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Jennie:

If you really mean "photos", save them into Corel PhotoPaint, not Corel
DRAW. Draw is for line-art with text.

Ideally, save the photos to your hard disk, then use InsertPicture to
insert them into Word. You don't need PhotoPaint unless you want to crop or
change the photos.

Cheers

On 12/3/06 5:16 AM, in article
, "JennieE"
wrote:

I used to be able to work on a photo in corel draw and save it into word
2000. Suddenly I am finding this impossible. It appears to save and it
shows preview but when I open it in draw it appears as jumbled letters and
symbols and nothing I do will convert it back to a picture. Please help.
This is the only way I can use to download same to use in other programmes
such as ebay,

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JennieE

Default cannot save photos from corel draw into word 2000 appear as go

Thank you both answers helped me solve the prblem.