Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobWad BobWad is offline

Default In Word, the space bar sometimes deletes the next character. Why?

Sometimes, and I do not know why, inserting a character into existing text
replaces the subsequent character. I get out of this "mode" by saving the
document and then closing and re-opening Word. There must be a better way!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Locate the Insert key on your keyboard. Press the Insert key once.

BobWad wrote:
Sometimes, and I do not know why, inserting a character into existing text
replaces the subsequent character. I get out of this "mode" by saving the
document and then closing and re-opening Word. There must be a better way!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When the SpaceBar deletes text, you have inadvertently turned on Overtype
mode, probably by pressing the Insert key. To turn it off, press Insert again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP