Anauna

Default Text in left margin and setting bullets

I am constructing a test.
1. I would like the mark value in the left margin (can be set through
Paragraph Formatting)
2. Begin question on same line using a numbered bulleted list
3. Next lines proved multiple choice options.

Problem: Numbered bullet in 2. above defaults to the left of my mark
scheme. I would like to have it appear as below.

( /5) 1. What is your name
a. abc
b. cde
c. fgh
d. lmo

--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

You will not be able to do this with autonumbering (at least not without
using text boxes or frames). If you are willing to number questions
manually, then you can set up a style with a hanging indent and an extra
tab, as follows:

1. Set a negative left indent (0.38" to 0.5") to allow the paragraph to
begin outside the margin.

2. Set a right-aligned tab stop at about 0.13" (that is, 0.13" to the right
of the 0 mark on the ruler).

3. Set the hanging indent (with its associated tab stop) at 0.25".

To create your paragraph, type the point value, tab once, type the number
and period, tab again and type the question. If you make this style the
Level 1 style of an outline-numbered list (with number style set to
"(none)") and the multiple-choice answer style Level 2, set to restart after
Level 1, with a, b, c number style, then your answers will be autonumbered
and restart after each question.

A half-inch negative indent will allow room (barely) for two-digit point
values and three-digit question numbers, plenty of room for anything less.

"Anauna" wrote in message
I am constructing a test.
1. I would like the mark value in the left margin (can be set through
Paragraph Formatting)
2. Begin question on same line using a numbered bulleted list
3. Next lines proved multiple choice options.

Problem: Numbered bullet in 2. above defaults to the left of my mark
scheme. I would like to have it appear as below.

( /5) 1. What is your name
a. abc
b. cde
c. fgh
d. lmo

--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

Anauna

Thank-you very much (Again!)

Everything is working fine except the restart in the level two.
When modifying the numbering style in Level 2 to restart after level one
there is no restart radio button (that is present under Format--Bullets and
numbering.

Sorry but what am I missing?

"Anauna" wrote in message
I am constructing a test.
1. I would like the mark value in the left margin (can be set through
Paragraph Formatting)
2. Begin question on same line using a numbered bulleted list
3. Next lines proved multiple choice options.

Problem: Numbered bullet in 2. above defaults to the left of my mark
scheme. I would like to have it appear as below.

( /5) 1. What is your name
a. abc
b. cde
c. fgh
d. lmo

--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

You must set up your outline numbering exactly as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Anauna" wrote in message
I am constructing a test.
1. I would like the mark value in the left margin (can be set through
Paragraph Formatting)
2. Begin question on same line using a numbered bulleted list
3. Next lines proved multiple choice options.

Problem: Numbered bullet in 2. above defaults to the left of my mark
scheme. I would like to have it appear as below.

( /5) 1. What is your name
a. abc
b. cde
c. fgh
d. lmo

--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

One more note: you don't have to entirely give up auto numbering for the
questions. You could use a SEQ or LISTNUM field for the numbers. They won't
update automatically but will update when you update fields manually (with
F9) or print or Print Preview. This would facilitate moving questions around
if necessary.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You must set up your outline numbering exactly as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

so
all may benefit.

"Anauna" wrote in message
I am constructing a test.
1. I would like the mark value in the left margin (can be set

through
Paragraph Formatting)
2. Begin question on same line using a numbered bulleted list
3. Next lines proved multiple choice options.

Problem: Numbered bullet in 2. above defaults to the left of my

mark
scheme. I would like to have it appear as below.

( /5) 1. What is your name
a. abc
b. cde
c. fgh
d. lmo

--
Thank-you and all suggestions are appreciated.

You're very welcome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

One more note: you don't have to entirely give up auto numbering for the
questions. You could use a SEQ or LISTNUM field for the numbers. They

won't
update automatically but will update when you update fields manually

(with
F9) or print or Print Preview. This would facilitate moving questions

around
if necessary.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You must set up your outline numbering exactly as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.