Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default special character "registered trade mark" shorcut key does not wor

In microsoft word 2003 I tried to use the shortcut key (as written in word)
alt+ctrl+R but instead of getting the ® it instead "rotated" my screen so
that my screen display was upside down. Why does the shortcut key in word
2003 not work like it should?

Insert symbol special characters and here you will see the list of
shortcut keys. The one for ® does not work. Like I said when I pressed
alt+ctrl+R it rotated my screen.

Thank you,

Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is the 'fault' of your PC's display driver which has first call on that
particular key combination to rotate the screen. You should be able to
access the display adapter's properties and either switch off the ability to
rotate or set a differemt key combination to do so - what is available will
depend on the adapter software.
If that fails assign a differet keyboard shortcut to the symbol - I'll bet
(r) is already an autocorrect entry for it.

Sue wrote:
In microsoft word 2003 I tried to use the shortcut key (as written in
word) alt+ctrl+R but instead of getting the it instead "rotated" my
screen so that my screen display was upside down. Why does the
shortcut key in word 2003 not work like it should?

Insert ? symbol ? special characters ? and here you will see the list
of shortcut keys. The one for does not work. Like I said when I
pressed alt+ctrl+R it rotated my screen.

Thank you,

Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default special character "registered trade mark" shorcut key does not

Thank you! I assigned alt+R and it works! Thank you again!