Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rce

Default Why do bullets print out differently than they look on screen?

Until recently, everything was fine. I haven't changed or updated or done
anything that I know of to Word, except for automatic Office updates.

Now, instead of the bullet that I see on the screen (a pointing hand, a dot,
an arrow), I get something else when I print (a clock, an Indian-looking
number, an Arabic-looking figure...).

What's happening? How can I fix it?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzan

Try this:

Select the list. Go to Format, Bullets and Numbering. Make sure that None is
NOT selected. Click the Customize button. Then click the character
button.Make sure the font is Symbol and not Wingdings or something else.
Wingdings will give you the clocks. If Symbol has a box in the selected
character, your font may be corrupted and need to be reinstalled. (happened
to me on a job a few years back with an earlier version of Word and we had to
reinstall the fonts on 20 computers)

Suzan