Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jxm480

Default Font compatability

Hello-

I am hoping to learn how I can make created word documents that use specific
font types be compatabile to other users who do not have these fonts
installed. In other words, after having created a word document using a word
font that another user does not have, how might be able to send this document
to them and make it so they can alter the content of the document and ensure
that their changes are applied in the original font?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jxm480

Hi Suzanne-

Thanks for your response.

I've tried checking different combinations of the two available embed boxes
on the save tab of tools and then sending it off, but I haven't been
successful.

The two boxes available are "embed tru type fonts" and "embed characters in
use only".

Could there be a licensing issue or perhaps I might be doing wrong?

Also, would you mind briefly explaining the pdf process and what programs
are necessary to do so?

Thank you-

John

"jxm480" wrote in message
Hello-

I am hoping to learn how I can make created word documents that use

specific
font types be compatabile to other users who do not have these fonts
installed. In other words, after having created a word document using a

word
font that another user does not have, how might be able to send this

document
to them and make it so they can alter the content of the document and

ensure
that their changes are applied in the original font?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To create a PDF, you need Adobe Acrobat or one of its cheaper clones. Fonts
can have any of four levels of embedding license. If you right-click on a
font in the Fonts folder and choose Properties (assuming you have the Font
Properties Extension installed, which it presumably will be by default in
any reasonably new version of Windows), you'll see an Embedding tab that
states the embedding permitted for the given font and describes the four
possible embedding levels.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the license permits, you can embed the fonts (on the Save tab of

Tools |
Options). Otherwise, use a PDF.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.