Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Default Closing documents after viewing

I cannot open and close Word documents even when I have made no changes or
after I have already initiated the Save command. The decision box to Save
Changes? always opens up. Now it takes too long to close a document. I
don't know what happened to alter this default, as I had to deal with other
alterations to Word where automatic features I took for granted no longer
word, such as automatic current date insertion and typing active email links.
What can I do to restore the previous Save and Close actions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?aGFybGVtbm9jdHVybg==?=,

This sounds to me suspiciously like a virus. When did you last do a full scan
with up-to-date virus definitions?

I cannot open and close Word documents even when I have made no changes or
after I have already initiated the Save command. The decision box to Save
Changes? always opens up. Now it takes too long to close a document. I
don't know what happened to alter this default, as I had to deal with other
alterations to Word where automatic features I took for granted no longer
word, such as automatic current date insertion and typing active email links.
What can I do to restore the previous Save and Close actions?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harlemnocturn

Ms. Meister

Forgive me for not getting back sooner. I had to do a Search on this site
to locate my original message. I reentered this posting under the heading
"Save Command Problems" and received some helpful advice. Yours is helpful
too, even though I did full system scans fairly recently. Another will not
hurt.

Louis