Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cyclone57 Cyclone57 is offline

Default How do I get e-mail addresses to be in hyperlink automatically

In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site as
I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink
mode. How do I do this with Windows 7?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It has nothing to do with the version of Windows. What version of Word do
you have?

http://word.mvps.org

"Cyclone57" wrote in message
In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site
as
I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink
mode. How do I do this with Windows 7?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

To make sure that automatic hyperlinks has not been disabled, do the
following.

In Word 2007:
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
2. Click Proofing.
3. Click the AutoCorrect Options button, and then click the AutoFormat As
You Type tab.
4. Verify that the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box is
selected.

In Word 2003:
1. On the Tools menu, click Autocorrect Options.
2. Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
3. Verify that the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box is
selected.

To create a hyperlink to an e-mail address, type an e-mail address. The
e-mail address must contain the at sign (@) and at least one period between
two characters after the at sign. You can add terminating punctuation. When
you press the spacebar after the e-mail address, the e-mail address should
become a hyperlink.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz