Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathysel kathysel is offline

Default My machine is running very slow - how can I get it to run faster

My machine is running very slow - what is the easiest way to go in and fix
this problem. I am not that good with computers - so please speak in simple
language.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ferrell Ramey Ferrell Ramey is offline

Try going to Microsoft's "OneCare" website http://onecare.live.com and click
the "safety scanner" option on the left menu. About halfway down the page
you can click on the "full service scan" and scan your computer.

A slow computer can be quite a few things, but this might give you a good
starting point.

Ferrell

"kathysel" wrote:

My machine is running very slow - what is the easiest way to go in and fix
this problem. I am not that good with computers - so please speak in simple
language.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately this is like telling your hairdresser that you don't feel well
and want her to tell you what medicine to take.

Take your computer to your local Staples. I know that my local branch offers
free diagnostic checkups. You don't have to have them fix it but they could
give you some advice. Call them first and make sure they offer that service.
Their policy may not be the same as other locations.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]