Barrie Eliasson

Default How insert the punctuation for reported speech automatically?

I am writing a story in Word 2000 for the first time. I find I am spending
more time putting the punctuation to denote reported speech than I am writing
the words of the story. Ijust wondered if there was a way of getting the
punctuation done by software. After all there are grammar checkers that deal
in the same kind of area?