Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cdyer cdyer is offline

Default How can I turn off seeing the editing marks in my document?

I am going crazy trying to turn off the feature that shows editing signs in
my document. For example at the end of every sentence there is a symbol and
page breaks are shown. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:36:00 -0700, cdyer
wrote:

I am going crazy trying to turn off the feature that shows editing signs in
my document. For example at the end of every sentence there is a symbol and
page breaks are shown. Help!

I'm always bemused that people see the paragraph mark ¶ at the ends of
paragraphs (not sentences!), but fail to notice the same symbol on a toolbar
button. Click that button to turn it off.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for explanation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman