Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwileybell kwileybell is offline

Default How do I change a built in style like the caption style?

I want to add paragraph spaces before and after the automatic caption style
(InsertReferenceCaption). However, when I try to find it in the Styles and
Formatting, it's not there to modify.

I did try the Edit Field and selected another style that I created (Caption
2), but it didn't.

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

In the Styles and Formatting task pane, select "Custom" from the Show field
(bottom of pane). In the Format Settings dialog box, click the Styles button.
Now you should see a list of all styles, in-cluding the Caption style. Click
Caption, then click Modify and make the desired changes.

Note: In the "Styles to be visible" list in the Format Settings dialog box,
you can select which styles you want to be listed in the task pane.

For help on modifying styles, see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

--
Regards