Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ff999 ff999 is offline

Default Formatting Symbols

Im an infrequent user of Word (2002) and have a problem with hiding/showing
data in a table.

Im hiding data in some of the table cells and when I click on the €śShow€ť
symbol (which looks like a €śpi€ť symbol), the data shows up but so do some
other formatting symbols. The symbols are round with 4 €śposts€ť sticking out
of them. Apparently the symbols are called €ścell markers€ť and appear in
every cell, including blank ones.

I want to be able to hide and then show the hidden data in the cells but not
the cell markers. Ive tried going in €śTools-Options-View-Formatting
Marks€ť and removing all check marks but without success.

Any suggestions on how to show the hidden data but not the formatting symbols?

How do I hide the formatting symbols? Win[_2_] New Users 1 March 24th 09 04:18 PM
Formatting symbols suddenly appear [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 4 January 13th 09 09:47 AM
How do I hide the formatting symbols? Dave New Users 3 August 25th 08 09:28 AM
Formatting symbols. Rayman New Users 1 June 12th 08 06:51 AM
formatting symbols, etc. appear Soloman10 Page Layout 6 May 31st 07 06:40 PM