Dennis

Default Office 2003 Word hangs with opening error msg not displayed

I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. Previously, when opening Word
I would always receive a dialog regarding an incompatible version of Adobe
PDF Writer and I always chose to disable it (but I would still able to use it
;-). Occassionally the dialog would be behind the Word window and I'd only
see the flashing icon in the Task bar and would have to minimize/maximize to
get the dialog to display. Now with Office 2003 the same situation seems to
be happening (I expected that it would) but I cannot force the dialog to the
forefront and cannot proceed with Word. If I bring the system down hard
(Task Manager won't load when this happens) I can get Word to load in 'Safe
Mode' and it seems to work fine until I close it and try to open another
document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Dennis Van Camp
FourWinds Group, Inc.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Dennis

The following article by Graham Mayor on Adobe Acrobat and Word should help:
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Dennis" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

Additionally you should see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and
if you have Norton AV, uncheck its office plug-in

"Dennis" wrote in message
I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. Previously, when
opening Word
I would always receive a dialog regarding an incompatible version of
Adobe PDF Writer and I always chose to disable it (but I would still
able to use it
;-). Occasionally the dialog would be behind the Word window and