Ray

Default Header & footer

I would like to skip the header & footer on page one of front page and page
two and three of table of contents and start the footer from page 4 where
the page no should be 1 instead of 4 and the total number of pages have to
be amended accordingly. Your advice to accomplish it is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray

Suzanne,

Thanks for your information.

However, I am unsure how to resolve my issue. It appears to me that Word
has three possible headers & footers: First page, odd pages and even pages.
In my scenerio, I need to skip first to third page so none of them is
suitably applicable. In addition, how can I unlink headers/footers?

Thanks,

Ray

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. Note
that
"different numbering" and "no numbering" work essentially the same way
except that it *is* necessary to unlink headers/footers to leave them
blank.

so
all may benefit.

"Ray" wrote in message
I would like to skip the header & footer on page one of front page and

page
two and three of table of contents and start the footer from page 4 where
the page no should be 1 instead of 4 and the total number of pages have
be amended accordingly. Your advice to accomplish it is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Daiya Mitchell

Insert a section break between page 3 and page 4. In Section 2, unlink the
header/footer from previous, then put a page number in the section 2
header/footer, and set numbers to restart at one.

Exact directions with screenshots are in the link previously given--use that
article to follow the above directions and ignore the rest.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Ray

Daiya,

Thanks for your advice. It works closely to my issue except the total
number of pages that count the actual total number of pages, not count from
the new start page. Any trick!

Thanks,

Ray

.. .

On 11/6/05 7:41 AM, "Ray" wrote:

Suzanne,

Thanks for your information.

However, I am unsure how to resolve my issue. It appears to me that Word
has three possible headers & footers: First page, odd pages and even
pages.
In my scenerio, I need to skip first to third page so none of them is
suitably applicable. In addition, how can I unlink headers/footers?

Thanks,

Ray

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. Note
that
"different numbering" and "no numbering" work essentially the same way
except that it *is* necessary to unlink headers/footers to leave them
blank.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ray" wrote in message
I would like to skip the header & footer on page one of front page and
page
two and three of table of contents and start the footer from page 4
where
the page no should be 1 instead of 4 and the total number of pages have
be amended accordingly. Your advice to accomplish it is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Daiya Mitchell

Okay. Didn't realize you needed to show the number of pages.

In the Header/Footer in section 2, delete the existing total number of pages
and replace it by:
1) hit control-F9 to insert field braces { }
2) type "sectionpages" between the braces, so that you get { sectionpages }

Then hit alt-F9 to switch from field codes to field results, and it will
show the number of pages in section 2. Hit F9 to update the field if it is
not immediately correct.

Previously the field that was there was { NumPages} which shows the total
number of pages in the document. { SectionPages } shows the number of pages
in that section. You can also create it via Insert | Field.

"Ray" wrote in message
I would like to skip the header & footer on page one of front page and
page
two and three of table of contents and start the footer from page 4
where
the page no should be 1 instead of 4 and the total number of pages have
be amended accordingly. Your advice to accomplish it is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

Charles Kenyon

Ray,

Read the entire article Suzanne referred you to. It covers many of your
issues. There is also the SectionPages field. For more complex page
numbering take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

--