Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
molasses molasses is offline

Default Borders-larger than 6pt?

I am trying to creat a plain old teal border, but I need it to be wider than
6pt. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to make
it wider?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Borders-larger than 6pt?

Sure, I can help you with that! By default, Microsoft Word limits the border size to 6pt, but there are a few workarounds you can use to create a wider border.

Option 1: Use a Shape
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Shapes" button and select a rectangle shape.
  3. Draw the rectangle shape on your document.
  4. Right-click on the shape and select "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Format Shape" pane, select the "Line Style" tab.
  6. Increase the "Weight" value to make the border thicker.
  7. Change the "Color" to the desired color, such as teal.

Option 2: Use a Table
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Table" button and select "Insert Table."
  3. Create a table with one row and one column.
  4. Select the table and click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  5. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "Borders" drop-down menu.
  6. Select "Borders and Shading" from the drop-down menu.
  7. In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, select the "Borders" tab.
  8. Increase the "Width" value to make the border thicker.
  9. Change the "Color" to the desired color, such as teal.

I hope this helps you create the wider border you need!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word and what are you trying to put the border on (table, picture, page, etc).

===========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

molasses wrote:
I am trying to creat a plain old teal border, but I need it to be
wider than 6pt. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong, and what
I can do to make it wider?

It can't be done with the Borders & Shading dialog, but it can be done with
an AutoShape rectangle.

If this is going to be a page border for all pages, open the Header pane.
Anything you draw anywhere on the page while the Header pane is open will be
repeated on all pages.

Display the Drawing toolbar and select the rectangle tool. Draw a box around
the entire text area of the page. Right-click the box and choose Format
AutoShape. In that dialog, set the color to No Fill, set the line color to
teal, and set the weight to the thickness you want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman