Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rocketta Rocketta is offline

Default how to set up book spine labels?

I want to set up a label template for my laser book spine labels in word 2007
but there is no template even close. It's the type of labels that have two
sizes...one size for the call number and spine and another size for the
bibliographic information. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the label stationery provider doesn't have a template or instructions
suitable for Word,

a. Is Word you only option (or your most familiar option), or is there some
other software (perhaps from the label provider) that could help you here?
b. as far as Word is concerned, Word label layouts are in essence Word
tables with one cell per printable label. The difficulty is determining what
the size of those cells should be. I would probably start with an existing
label layout (because that kind of table already has fixed-height rows
defined) and try to adjust the table dimensions to suit - perhaps you have
2 different label shapes per row?

I doubt if that answers your question, but if it doesn't help at all, can
you please say
a. which version of Word you are using
b. what stationery you are using (e.g. manufacturer/serial code)
c. what size sheet the labels are on (A4? US Letter?)
d. how the labels are laid out on the page/

Peter Jamieson

book labels Novice Microsoft Word Help 3 April 23rd 07 04:05 AM
I need to make spine labels for videos jobca New Users 1 August 17th 06 05:12 PM
How can I add a spine in lanscape mode? Cendrine Page Layout 4 May 17th 06 04:34 PM
How to set-up Wilson Jones spine labels? binder spines Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 06:01 PM
Looking for a template for 1 x 3/4" spine labels used on library b St. J. Athenaeum Microsoft Word Help 1 February 10th 05 10:22 PM