Stephanie Knuteson

Default cursor won't move, text types in same place

When I open a new document in MS Word and begin typing, the cursor doesn't
advance and the letters all type over one another. I think it has to do with
Normal.dot file but not sure wondering if anyone has see this happen before.

Stephanie -

This might also be a display issue, but you can test by starting Word with
the /a switch as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

"Stephanie Knuteson" wrote in
message ...
When I open a new document in MS Word and begin typing, the cursor doesn't
advance and the letters all type over one another. I think it has to do

with
Normal.dot file but not sure wondering if anyone has see this happen

before.

Stephanie -

Jim Siegel

I encountered this as a Word document attachment received today, but some
lines were OK and some had this problem. The problem continued when I tried
to paste it into a new document and then when I tried to create a new
document. My old saved documents are not affected. I clicked link to below
suggestion and I did not understand what to do. Thanks! Help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This might also be a display issue, but you can test by starting Word with
the /a switch as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

"Stephanie Knuteson" wrote in
message ...
When I open a new document in MS Word and begin typing, the cursor doesn't
advance and the letters all type over one another. I think it has to do

with
Normal.dot file but not sure wondering if anyone has see this happen

before.

Stephanie -

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmltIFNpZWdlbA==?=,

I encountered this as a Word document attachment received today, but some
lines were OK and some had this problem. The problem continued when I tried
to paste it into a new document and then when I tried to create a new
document. My old saved documents are not affected. I clicked link to below
suggestion and I did not understand what to do.

Which version of Word do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Bud

I too have this problem. W0rd2003. It doesn't happen in excell, just word.
I open a new document and begin typing. I type and A and a T and see both
letters!
)

Thanks for your help.
Bud Bud @ rymrytr.com