Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm

Default Saving Word document in Oracle

Hi,
I want to save Word documents in Oracle.
I can do this when the document has already been saved as a file.
I can open a binary stream on the .doc file, read it all, and then save the
stream as a blob in Oracle.
I can also do the reverse when redisplaying the saved Word file from Oracle.

What I would like to be able to do is cut out the need to firstly save the
document as a .doc file.
I want to open a .dot file, have the user enter details and then save the
Word document straight to Oracle. I don't want to force the user to save the
file to the hard drive prior to saving it to Oracle.
I am using COM automation with VBA code to drive Word from my application.
Is there any way to get the complete document, turn it into a binary stream,
and save it to Oracle without doing a Word save ?

Thanks.
-Michael.