Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhensley1998 jhensley1998 is offline

Default Why won't my MS Word work with my Transcription Equipment?

I was having a problem with my transcription software--I use both Express
Scribe & GearPlayer--wherein my foot pedal wasn't working with anything.
Well, I have updated my drivers and ran bothy Error Fix and RegCure to fix
any registry errors. I also installed Pedable foot pedal software. Now, my
food pedal is working fine, my MS Word is working fine...separately. However,
When I open the word document that I want to do my transcription work in and
step on my foot pedal to start my dictation, when I try to type in Word
NOTHING HAPPENS. It's like the keyboard went DEAD. And the mouse doesn't
move. I have to hit CTRL+ALT+Delete to unfreeze everything so I get my mouse
back. But when I try to type in MS Word using either Express Scribe or
GearPlayer...NOTHING.

Anybody have any ideas of WHY this has happened and WHAT I can do to fix
it??? This is my job and I have a lot of work to do and I can't do any of it
because MS Word and ExpressScribe won't work together.

They were fine just as early as THIS MORNING. I have no idea what happened.
Please HELP!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you have an automatic update between the time it worked and the time it
didn't?
If this is Word 2007 - see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940791 and
click the
FixIt button.