Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Saffer

Default I Lost Number Format for my Level 2 Headings

Hi all,

I have a 100+ page document that has a lot of section headings,
sub-headings, etc. that I have created using the Outlining toolbar. For some
reason, all the headings I have that were created with the Level 2 command
have lost their numbered headings. Only the text designation remains, no
section or heading number.

Here's what I mean -- in the example beow, the title "Client Initiated
Termination" used to have a number next to it, like 1.1. Now, it's gone. I
must have done something to cause this to happen. Any ideas on how I can get
my heading or section numbers back on these Level 2 headings? Thanks very
much.

.....Jason

Client-Initiated Termination

There are five categories of client-initiated termination:

1.. bolting
2.. premature
3.. temporary or integrative hiatus
4.. situational (financial, moving)
5.. completion (healthy, appropriate)

Each category is fully described in the sub-sections below.

1.1.1 Clients Who Bolt

Sometimes a client makes an appointment with you, and then either misses the
appointment, or leaves you a message that they are canceling the appointment
or terminating therapy. Then you call the client, and are able neither to
reach them directly, nor do they return your calls. The client has "bolted"
from therapy. They have terminated therapy either without any direct, verbal
communication to you of this, or have terminated without giving you the
opportunity to discuss this with them in the therapy room.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Set up your outline numbering as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, and you
should have no further problems.

"Jason Saffer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Saffer

Dear Suzanne,

Thanks for your help on this question. I looked over the web page you
suggested, but am still not sure how to fix my document. Over the last few
months, I've created 100+ pages using the Outline Menu to create a Section
heading, and then a lot of subheadings (1.1, 1.2.2, 1.3.3.2, for example).
As I tried to explain in my previous message, all the Level 2 headings have
now lost their numerical designation. The Level 2 text heading is still
there. The subheadings underneath the Level 2 headings have retained their
numerical headings. I really am trying to find a, hopefully simple, way to
get back my Level 2 numerical headings, to accompany the text headings that
are there.

I am on a deadline to complete this document and I'm stuck! I'm willing to
pay a fee, if necessary, for someone to look at my document and bring back
the numerical part of the Level 2 headings.

Can you help????

Thanks much.

Jason

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Set up your outline numbering as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, and you
should have no further problems.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have linked the Level 2 numbering to a specific style, then a simple
Ctrl+Q should suffice.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Saffer

Before doing a Ctrl+Q, do I highlight the entire text?
Also, how do I know if I've linked Level 2 numbering to a specific style?
Does Word do that automatically when I use the Outline toolbar to create
headings and subheadings?

Thanks!