Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pedro Pedro is offline

Default Carriage returns in a document.

I am trying to remove the carriage returns from a document but leave in the
carriage return that denotes a paragraph. I know I can find and remove all
of them but I want to leave in the double carriage return that denotes the
paragraph. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, you don't want to leave in "the double carriage return that denotes the
paragraph." What denotes a paragraph is a single paragraph mark. Search for
^p^p and replace with ^p until you get no further replacements. Then Ctrl+A
and Ctrl+0 to add 12 pts Space Before (or add Space Before/After in Format |
Paragraph). This is the correct way to separate paragraphs.

"Pedro" wrote in message
I am trying to remove the carriage returns from a document but leave in

the
carriage return that denotes a paragraph. I know I can find and remove

all
of them but I want to leave in the double carriage return that denotes the
paragraph. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

You will find a macro for doing just that he
http://www.mirecki.us/computing/
It can flow any part or all of document.
And, as Suzanne says, paragraphs should be delimited with a single parag
mark, so that is how this macro leaves your text.
--
Ted